Thursday, June 19, 2008

the moment it clicks AMAZING


Two weeks ago my wife purchased Joe McNally's "The Moment it Clicks" as an anniversary gift.  So first of all ... I think that it removes all doubt that I have the absolute best wife ever!  I had picked up the book a few times at my local Barne's & Noble (flipping through it looking at the pictures - which are amazing in themselves).  I am only about 1/2 way through the book - and I am totally amazed.  You know you are in great company when the author begins stories with phrases like ... "an editor from TIME once told me..."  - you know you are in for a treat.  Joe's commitment "to try anything once" gives him the creative keeping his stock high and his images on the bleeding edge of photography.  The stories blend together with technique and imagery in a way that makes you feel like you are sitting on the floor as he shares his wisdom and technique.

I found a great video over on YouTUBE that captures Joe's personality - check it out.  I think you will like it.  Oh, and if you haven't picked up "The Moment it Clicks" - it is a must have!

No comments: