Friday, June 27, 2008

arch in the grove


Camera: Nikon D50 1/800 f/8 ISO 200  Lens: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

I took this image three years ago while at a training event with my friend Tommy in Miami, FL.  We were staying at this hotel in Coconut Grove which had this gorgeous modern sculpture sitting in front of it.  I took it from several different angels throughout our stay; however, it was late morning on the last day of our stay when I was returning from a photo walk and I saw the building and sculpture poke through the trees. - I had my shot.  I cleaned the building up a bit - a few water stains and one or two spots with chipped paint.  The Nikon D50 I had on loan had a few pieces of dust on the sensor so I removed those in Lightroom.  The crazy thing is that the sky was really that blue.  It was a humid yet gorgeous July morning in Coconut Grove Miami.  Enjoy your weekend - see you on Monday!

No comments: