Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lighting, Editing and Marketing OH MY!!!!

This week has been so jam-packed with more professional transference of experience through training, lecture, networking, and laughs than I think I have EVER experienced.  For those of you who don't know, my father-in-law paid my way to attend the David Ziser's 2008 Spring Masters Class.  I have had so much fun and I have learned so much.  Still hoping to get a plug on his blog ... but we will see.  Anyways - as I decompress the knowledge I have been soaking up I will pass it along here.  One thing that I have been convicted of is how much I need to blog.  David pointed out that it is important to have something constantly fresh and new up on your site and a blog is the best and easiest way to rearrange the furniture.  It isn't easy though.  On average he spends 2-2 and a half hours researching and blogging each day.  WHAT a commitment to his site.  I'm not sure what it will translate to at rickmead.com; however, I can tell you that I will be thinking it over long and hard as I evaluate every other aspect of my business in retrospect to this training.  I am off to bed now because I have one more day in the masters class and one more drive to Cincinnati in the morning ... MAN I won't miss that drive next week.  We had a great evening at David's home - pictures tomorrow - so I got on the road a bit late but TOTALLY WORTH IT!

No comments: