Tuesday, May 20, 2008

iSale - only way to eBay


For a long long time I have been a HUGE iSale fan.  I don't sell much on eBay - which means I need all the help I can get.  As soon as the program launches you are prompted to choose an "iLife" style choice of templates and then you are instantly producing listings that will set your auctions miles above the competition.

eBay pushes people to list with bold and added photos - bottom line.  I look at TONS of listings and it is the actual listing that I look at.  If the listing is hard to read I am inclined to move on.  The templates make it SUPER EASY to produce professional looking listings that will get you noticed.

I found the templates very well put together; however, there isn't much customizability (is that really a word ... spell check thinks so) in the templates.  If you have a FTP server or a .Mac server you can save money by hosting the images yourself.  I wasn't able to get this feature to work; however, I am just using the demo so that could be playing a part in those troubles.  I loved the integration of Paypal, eBay's item detail system, shipping information, and photo upload features.  If you are interested in making a few extra bucks on your old equipment and you use an Apple computer user give iSale a shot.  I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.  A €35.95 ($62.61 based on current exchange rate) for a single license it will dent your wallet - that exchange rate is killin' me.  I looked at purchasing iSale last year and I seem to remember it being a lot cheeper.  Anyways - The demo appears to be fully functional.  It's only limitation is an inability to manage more than three listings at a time.  Take a look - I don't think you will be disappointed.

No comments: