Friday, July 18, 2008

take time for silly


Camera: Canon 20D 1/60 f/11 ISO 400 Lens: Canon 18-55mm

I sat with a prospective client today who made me realize how overly serious I take myself. As I looked over the sample content I had prepared I realized a few things:
  1. I didn't take the time to ask over the phone some basic information about what the client wanted. I was suprised by a few questions that I could have answered better had I taken the time to find out a little more about the couple prior to the meeting.
  2. All the images I prepared were formals and posed shots. I did not deliver any candid images to the couple.
This image illustrates one of the million fun moments enjoyed at a wedding by the bride and her bridesmaids. We were standing in a very cramped spiral staircase with a very high ceiling that was throwing my lighting off like crazy. Once I got the bridesmaids positioned in their "basic" positions I told them to just chat for a sec while I tweaked the lighting. This is a shot that I captured by happenstance. The bride was poking fun at one of the groomsmen and we (me included) were all rolling on the floor. Let's remember to laugh and pass on the fun moments to our clients ... after all that is what they want to remember and ultimately what they are paying you for. Enjoy!

No comments: