Friday, March 20, 2009

Anaheim Califorina Day 4 (Santa Monica)


Just off the bus, I was a little frustrated because the sky was overcast. No blue skies. First day we have been in CA that the sky hasn't been blue. No worries though - I used my powers for good and not evil. Grey sky ... I can work with that.

Ashley and I ate a wonderful meal on the Santa Monica Promenade. The meal was great and part of the experience was a street musician. A highlight was when some girls sitting at the table next to us commented that he should try out for American Idol. I'm pretty sure there is a firm age limit... sorry dude. Anyways, I captured this image to remember the day.

Come on - you have wanted to do it... admit it. Take pictures while on a roller coaster. And just so you know... looking through the lens while on a coaster multiplies the feeling of weightlessness so be cautious when doing it. The scenery on the Santa Monica pier is amazing so it felt appropriate to shoot this shot.

Ashly is not much of a fan of carousels so it is a wonder that I got her on it - but the view was well worth it. Ocean and the coast in all directions makes a normal carousel seem less exciting. Great time - I hate that we have to leave tomorrow but all good things must come to and end.

No comments: