Friday, February 6, 2009

editors keys


If you have ever looked at those fancy editor's keyboards that have all your shortcuts and functions color coded and mapped out, you will want to check this out! I have to give credit where credit is due - I picked this up from the Photoshop Guys over at PhotoshopUser TV. EditorsKeys is a company that produces stickers that can be placed on top of your existing keyboard. They have templates for just about every design / production program out there.

I am totaly stoked about these little addons because I have been looking at editor keyboards for a few years now and just haven't been able to bring myself to buy one for a few reasons:
  1. I don't know if I will like it. It is possible I will find the lables distracting for every day use so I am not excited about dumping $200+ on something I may or may not like.
  2. I LOVE my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard. It is a full action keyboard (not the new mini guy). Full layout means I have a number pad and the regular keys. Bluetooth means I don't have to fuss with a wire. I picked this bad boy up on eBay about 6 months ago and I have loved it from the moment I unpacked it. OK, that isn't true. The guy I purchased the keyboard was a smoker...actually is a smoker... I don't know because I don't know him but anyways. The keybaord had tar and gook under the keys and stank. I spent days taking it apart and cleaning it. Fabreez is a wonderful product -as is soapy watter. Basicly what I am getting at ... I went to great lengths to gt the keyboard I currently use and don't care to change it.

The editors keyboard runs for £9.00 so it is an amazing deal. I plan on ordering mine soon and I will keep you guys posted once I have had a chance to use it and get a feel for it. However, I am thinking that if you have an old keyboard lying around there would be a decent market in buying a Photoshop set of EditorsKeys, apply them and then sell it on eBay as an Editor's Keyboard ... it's a thought.

No comments: