Tuesday, February 3, 2009

dynamic kuler


Once a designer, always a designer. Even though I no longer spend my days creating ads and layouts I still maintain a blog, website, and all my studio's forms and what not. Figuring out color combination can be enough to make you want to pull your hair out! Fortunately, Adobe has put together an excellent tool for creating pleasing color combination. One can either browse popular pre-created sets of colors or jump into an interactive color wheel to create your own.
Adobe has had kuler.adobe.com set up for several years now; however, as I was poking around Photoshop CS4 I noticed a new option (or at least I never noticed it before). Under the window menu there is a option for some built in extensions and one of them is KULER!
Once added the user gains all of the website's functionality directly within photoshop. The extension even allows you to add color sets directly to your swatches for use in any design or photo.

Give it a try. You will be well on your way to getting out of the same colors you use on everything and you'll save time too. Just don't blame me if you use KULER to paint your home and your wife kicks you to the sofa. All kidding aside - Having a Kuler extension directly in photoshop will cut hours out of a design workflow - check it out.

No comments: