Friday, November 30, 2007

back in the day on eBay


Over the past week I have started to bid on flash brackets.  Originally I looked at B&H; however, budgets being what they are - I wanted to look around to see if I could save some money on the purchase.  So where is a penny-pinching photographer to go?  I started looking around eBay for equipment and found some good stuff.  I was just thinking about how much eBay has changed over the years.  Back in 98 when I made my first eBay purchase it was kinda like the Old West.  Not a lot of people - certainly no businesses and people basically did whatever they wanted.  Thinking back on the state of things - It is amazing that I braved the bidding waters.  But hey, I was a teenager in high school - kids do some crazy things.  Anyways, I was just thinking about how much more established eBay is now.  There are businesses, a secure payment system, consequences for evil, and a population more crowded than New York City.  Even though some things have changed - the exhilaration of bidding on an item and watching it and then someone trying to slip in the last second and steal it from you (yeah, I've done it too) is what eBay is all about.  As long as that never changes it will still draw me in.

No comments: